Are you looking for unconventional vacation ideas for just you and your significant other, or your small family? Perhaps you just want to get away by yourself.
You’ve landed in the right place. A sleeper van rental is an out of the ordinary, unforgettable way to tour this great country and conveniently travel from sea to shining sea.
To help you get your once in a lifetime vacation rolling, let us help you answer all your sleeper van rental USA questions and navigate the sleeper van rental process:
USA Sleeper Van Rental
The smallest of all the recreational vehicles, sleeper vans belong to the class B RV category and can accommodate two adults comfortably. Of course, if you have one or two small children – or wish to travel with your pet – and you don’t mind close-knit sleeping quarters, a sleeper van for rent will still be perfect for your road trip vacation.
Compact but cozy, sleeper vans are vans that have converted interiors to accommodate living – sleeping, eating, bathing – on the road. Incredibly easy to drive recreational vehicles, sleeper vans for rent are the perfect option for anyone who is new to driving larger vans or RVs.
When you rent a sleeper van, additional benefits include:
- Sleeper vans are self-contained vehicles that have a bed or pull out, small kitchen, toilet, and shower
*NOTE: Accommodations vary depending on sleeper van rental size
- Sleeper vans are one of the most affordable RV motorhomes
- Sleeper vans are easy to maneuver and can fit in/on tight spaces, like parking spaces, windy roads, woodland areas, etc.
- Sleeper vans are one of the most gas efficient RVs available
- Sleeper vans are easy to maintain
Sleeper Van Rental Near Me
Sleeper vans for rent are becoming more and more popular, making your search for your vacation’s road warrior fairly easy. When it comes to finding a sleeper van rental near you, you will find that you have several routes you can pursue in your quest to rent a sleeper van. Let’s discuss all of them:
1. RV rental company.
Just like a car rental company, there are large and small RV rental companies that allow you to browse their selection on the lot, pick the one you wish to rent, and drive off into the sunset. Large chain rental companies have multiple locations all over the country and can usually offer a larger selection of sleeper vans for rent. Occasionally, however, there can be additional fees and restrictions if you go this route.
2. Online RV communities and forums.
If you find or hear of a small RV community – either online or in-person – it may be worth it to check them out. RV owners and renters are very passionate about their recreational vehicles, and getting involved in a community and letting your presence be known in online forums can help you learn more about sleeper vans for rent and where to find reliable sleeper vans. You may also get a better deal this way compared the renting from an RV rental company.
3. Online rental website.
Perhaps the best way to go is finding an online rental website that can connect you to thousands of sleeper vans for rent. Using easy search fields, you can find a sleeper van rental practically anywhere in the country. Private sleeper van rental owners use these platforms to list their sleeper van for rent when they’re not using them.
With each listing, you can view rental price, location, and compare listings until you find the sleeper van you want for your trip.
Sleeper Van Rental Tips
- Before you begin the sleeper van rental process, it’s important to plan out your trip and know exactly the type of sleeper van rental your vacation will require.
- Don’t forget to map out your budget, either. Having your trip planned out and budget established before you begin your sleeper van for rent search will make the process quicker and ensure you get exactly what you want.
- Read the sleeper van rental reviews. These will help you further nail down which RV and accommodations are right for you and which RV – specifically, which listing agents or rental companies to steer clear of – is worth passing on. You can find helpful reviews on a rental company’s website, their social media, Yelp!, and third-party websites that display insightful customer testimonial reviews.
- Before you book online, or quickly book over the phone, call about the listing and confirm that the price online is the right price. Also, inquire about fees or restrictions not detailed in the online description.
- Pack light or consider renting a roof top carrier. As discussed above, sleeper vans are cozy, but not overly spacious. To avoid an overly crowded interior, only back the essentials. If need be, you can always rent or buy a rooftop carrier to carry any overload luggage.
*NOTE: If you choose to rent a roof top carrier, be sure you can attach it to the sleeper van rental you select.
- Get your travel and RV insurance all set. Since sleeper vans are considered class B RVs, you will need to purchase RV insurance. It’s the law. Give your current insurance company a call to see if they offer RV insurance, or shop around to ensure you get the lowest rate and best coverage.
- Plan out your overnight rest stops. The good news is a sleeper van rental will save you a decent amount of money on hotel costs, but you will still need to find a safe, convenient place to park your sleeper van rental each night. Some RV parks require fees, too, so be sure to account for that.
Ready to hit the open road? Get your sleeper van rental USA search started today by utilizing RV Rental Guide. We can help you rent a sleeper van that meets your budget and trip needs. To get started, just enter your zip code and RV Rental Guide will help you explore an abundance of sleeper van rental deals.
Don’t miss out on our library of helpful RV guides as you plan and prepare for your trip.