The RV sales and rentals business is booming in the United States, making steady growth as the economy recovers. More families realize how flexible RV travel can be and discovering new and innovative ways to enjoy their RV. The ease of internet shopping has also allowed RV owners to recoup some of the costs of RV ownership, making an RV an excellent buy for many families and retirees. We will share more of the benefits of RV ownership here and discuss how to find the best deals on a new or used RV.
Reasons for RV Industry Growth
It is easy to understand why the RV lifestyle is so attractive. With the purchase of an RV, owners gain the freedom to travel and a convenient way to do it. However, there are responsibilities and costs to the purchase of an RV. How do you know if this is the right choice for you.
First, let’s discuss the reasons that USA RV sales and rentals are so attractive:
• An RV vacation allows you to get closer to nature and enjoy outdoor activities as a family
• Families practice healthier eating in an RV. With your own tag-a-long kitchen, fast food isn’t as attractive, and the drive through is not necessary
• RV vacations support quality family time
• The cost of hotel vacations continues to increase. Owning an RV stabilizes the cost of travel and saves money on vacation costs
• Families can travel with their pets in an RV without worrying about finding a hotel
• RVs are also becoming part of the fun at outdoor sporting events and other leisure activities
• RV owners enjoy more trips and short weekend adventures than non-owners. With the many state and national parks, plus a wide variety of campgrounds, RVers have plenty to explore. It is easy to enjoy a quick weekend vacation
Try Before You Buy – RV Sales and Rentals
If you are considering the purchase of your first RV, or if you are not sure that an RV is for you, you can easily try before you buy. It is increasingly easy to rent an RV for a short trip or even a long vacation. You can rent RV trailers and motorhomes by the day, week, or month.
Also, RVers who don’t have the time to use the RV frequently might be better off renting. With an RV rental, you can enjoy all of the benefits of the RV lifestyle without the cost and responsibilities of ownership. If you only plan to take one or two trips a year, rental can be a real money and time saver for you.
Renting an RV gives you the opportunity to try out different floor plans and sleeping arrangements and discover which works best for your family. You can also try different size RVs and decide whether you prefer the comfort of a larger motorhome or the convenience of a smaller and easier to drive class B or C motorhome. Try out a travel trailer and discover the differences between a trailer and a motorhome.
There is a lot to learn about the RV lifestyle, and renting an RV allows you to learn the ins and outs before you commit to the expensive purchase of an RV. Learn more about how RV rentals work.
Advantages of Renting Vs Buying an RV
There are advantages and disadvantages to both RV sales and rentals. However, either way, you get to enjoy the adventure of an RV vacation. When you purchase an RV, you are also responsible for maintenance and all the responsibilities that go with RV ownership. Consider these advantages of renting over buying an RV:
• RV renters avoid the commitment of monthly payments and free up cash and credit for other uses
• Maintenance and storage can be a major consideration, especially if you need to store the RV away from your home. While you can rent storage space, this is another expense, and you are unable to easily monitor your RV in a storage space. You depend on the security of the rental space to prevent theft and vandalism
• Renters are not committed to a particular style of RV and can rent whichever type of RV fits their needs at the moment
RV Sales and RV Rentals Near Me
No matter where you live, you will likely find a booming RV sales and rental business. You will easily find sales at local dealerships and through RV rentals by owner ads in your local area. One way that many prospective buyers and renters decide where to buy is through RV sales and rentals yelp reviews. You’ll find positive and negative reviews that tell you about the local RV sales businesses.
It might be fun to attend a motorhome sales show or tour the motorhomes at a dealership or two. However, if you really want to find the best deal without the hassle of touring every RV in town, you can use the power of the internet. You will find nearly every RV sales and rental deal available online. The occasional owner might park his RV out front with a for sale sign, but most will also post it online.
One of the most powerful ways to find an RV rental is through a peer-to-peer website. These sites allow owners and dealerships to place a listing for their RV on the site. You can easily sort through the listings based on location, size, type, or cost. It becomes very easy to comparison shop based on what is important to you. Do you prefer a luxury RV rental USA wide, or a small travel trailer rental nearby? A peer-to-peer website allows you to find these types of rentals and many more.
How Much Does It Cost to Rent an RV?
RV rates are a bargain compared to the cost of RV ownership and the cost of motels. The actual rate depends on many things including the location, size, style, and season. You’ll find travel trailers in the $50 a night range and luxury motorhomes at $500 or more daily. In general, you get what you pay for. The cheaper RV will be a basic RV, while the luxury motorhome rental will be outfitted with all the latest luxury amenities. Only you can decide where on the scale you fit.
To find the best bargains in an RV rental, however, you need to pay close attention to more than the daily rate. Which is the better deal:
1. A motorhome rental costs $100 per day and charges additional fees for a kitchen kit, a mandatory cleaning fee, and additional fees for mileage over 100 miles per day. He also charges for extra generator use and a few other minor things.
2. The second motorhome rents for $150 per day, but everything is included.
The better deal depends on how you will use the RV motorhome rentals and for how long. For a short weekend rental or a longer trip requiring lots of miles, the second motorhome may be the best deal. For a longer trip closer to home, the first might be the better deal. Compare the total cost of the motorhome, not just the daily rate.
Sample the RV Lifestyle
If you are considering buying an RV, or if you are looking for a new and exciting way to vacation, an RV rental might be just what you need. You’ll enjoy an adventurous vacation, getting closer to family and nature, without giving up your creature comforts. RVing is a great way to get away from the daily stresses and relax in the great outdoors.