Are you headed to Burning Man this year? People who have visited this iconic festival of art and music can tell you that using a rental RV is one of the best ways to enjoy the experience. It’s relatively easy to find and book a Burning Man RV online. You can actually rent a really great RV for a very low cost per person if you’re heading into the desert with a group.
What are the perks of bringing an RV to Burning Man? The main perk of using an RV at Burning Man is that you can partake in the fun, communal experience of the event without giving up all of your privacy and personal space. Here’s a glimpse of what you can look forward to when you arrive in the desert with a rented RV:
- Protection from dust storms, rain and other conditions
- A private place to shower
- A private toilet
- Plenty of room for supplies and essentials
- A refrigerator to keep food safe and cold
- The ability to cook indoors to keep dust and sand out of your food
- Delivering RVs to Burning Man Is a Popular Service
A city of colors, sounds and experiences rises up deep in the desert when Burning Man rolls around every year. It has become very popular for people to use Burning Man RV rentals to enjoy a comfortable place to sleep, eat and live during the festivities. You can actually have an RV delivered directly to Black Rock City during Burning Man. This can be a very convenient option if you simply want to enjoy a hassle-free experience. In addition, you have the option to pick up an RV at some other location that’s on your way to the event.
Burning Man RV Pickup Locations
While Burning Man takes place in a portion of the desert outside of Reno, your pickup options aren’t limited to that city. You can actually arrange to pick up your RV in nearly any location that’s convenient for you if you look for your Burning Man RV rental on a peer-to-peer rental website. Many festival guests choose to pick up their rentals on the West Coast. It’s fairly easy to find Burning Man Los Angeles rentals that can be driven to the desert. In addition, looking for a Burning Man Sacramento rental is a popular option. It can make things a little easier in terms of your schedule if you’re able to actually make plans to pick up a Burning Man Reno rental.
Burning Man RV Delivery
What can you do if you’ve decided that you’d only like to focus on RV rentals Burning Man attendees can have delivered to the festival location? There are many companies that offer rental options and services. One of the easiest methods is to simply look for RV rentals for Burning Man using a peer-to-peer platform. This will enable you to search through a wide assortment of listings offered by independent owners and agencies.
The nice thing about beginning your search on a peer-to-peer platform is that you’ll have a good variety of RV styles to choose from. You can look for simple, bare-bones RVs with low daily rates or luxurious RVs that come with kitchens, bathroom, televisions and other perks. Some RV owners and agencies may even offer you a special Burning Man RV package that will cater to your needs as a visitor to the desert for a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Burning Man RV Rental Rates
The cost for an RV rental for Burning Man will depend on a few factors. Most owners and rental agencies will charge you extra for things like delivery or special package options. However, daily rates can be quite reasonable if you’re simply planning to pick up an RV. The length of your stay at Burning Man will play a big part in determining how much you’ll pay. Grabbing a rental RV for two or three days will cost less than renting an RV for the full week of festivities.
The other big factor that will contribute to how much you pay for the RV you rent for Burning Man is the type of RV you want. The options that you’ll come across as you browse listings on a peer-to-peer website will include Class A RVs, fifth-wheel RVs, travel trailers and luxury RVs. You should be prepared to consider prices that reach as much as $10,000 if you’re looking for delivery for a Class A motorhome or a luxury RV. Smaller RVs and travel trailers can typically be delivered for somewhere around $5,000.
Burning Man RVing Tips
Staying at Black Rock City to be a part of Burning Man using an RV is a special kind of experience. Having a comfortable RV can be a great way to ensure that you get the proper amount of rest and protection from the sun you need to safely enjoy the festivities in the hot desert during the summer.
Burning Man has some very strict standards for guests. There are some tips you should know if you want to have a good time and stick to the rules. Here are the essential tips for enjoying Burning Man using an RV:
- Bring a portable solar panel that can be used to power your RV
- Don’t decorate your rented RV using any adhesives or paints that could be difficult to remove after being in the hot sun
- Make a plan to park your RV somewhere along the boundary of the campsite to shield other people from the harsh windstorms that occur in the desert
- Put away chairs, umbrellas, awnings and other gear when you’re not at your RV to avoid losing them to the wind
- Try to keep one member of your travel party near the RV to ensure that no damage occurs that you could be responsible for
- Have plenty of containers for trash and recycling stored in your RV to keep in line with Burning Man’s strict policy of leaving no trace behind
- Be on the lookout for the designated trucks that service RVs throughout the festival
- Bring a large bucket to capture any leaks that can occur when your RV is being serviced
- Check under your RV routinely to look for leaks or spills that need to be contained by a bucket or tray
Leaving messes or acting irresponsibly with an RV are both very frowned upon at Burning Man. It’s important to be clean and responsible if you want to party in the spirit of this festival. The good news is that you can take advantage of all of the room and perks offered by a rental RV to enjoy a comfortable experience that doesn’t infringe on the fun of the rest of the crowd.