Why and How to Rent an RV
An RV vacation can be the trip of a lifetime. Many people enjoy the freedom and flexibility that an RV vacation provides. You can have all the comforts of home while traveling in style. In this article we will focus on the best way to rent an RV. But first, let’s discuss why you would want to rent an RV.
The RV lifestyle offers many benefits: the ability to pick-up and go whenever the mood strikes, the ability to travel with all the comforts of home, a relaxing way to get away from the stresses of daily life. But many people don’t want to spend the kind of money and maintenance time required to own an RV. An RV rental can be better than ownership, because you have all of the benefits and none of the hassles of RV ownership.
When you rent an RV, you have the ability to choose from the many different types, styles and sizes of RVs available. For a weekend at a luxury RV resort, you might rent a high-end class A motorhome. A few weeks or months later, a small popup camper might be perfect for a backwoods fishing trip. When you rent, you can choose the perfect RV for every situation and location. And renting is easy! We’ll show you how to find the best bargains and the best way to rent an RV.
The Best Way to Rent an RV USA Wide
When renting an RV, you have many choices. If this is your first-time renting, you might be apprehensive about how it all works. However, if you follow our advice, you’ll find that it all works splendidly. First let’s talk about where to find RV rentals.
Rentals from RV Dealerships
RV dealerships often rent out a few models of their inventory. You might prefer to rent from a dealership if you are planning to purchase an RV from them in the future, or if you want a particular brand and model of RV. Their choices are usually limited and prices are usually higher than you might find elsewhere. They are also strict on their rental terms, so make sure you are fully aware of all the fine print before you rent from an RV dealership.
RV Rental Companies
With the popularity of the RV lifestyle, we are seeing more and more RV rental companies enter the rental market. They have more choices than a dealership, but they still may not offer the best deals when you rent from them directly.
When you rent from an RV dealership or an RV rental company, you are going to spend a lot of time traipsing through different RV models trying to find the best floorplan for you. By the end of the day, you’ll be exhausted and they will all be a blur in your memory. There is a better way.
Peer-to-peer RV Rental Websites
We believe that the peer-to-peer RV rental websites offer the best deals for a number of reasons:
• Competition: peer-to-peer RV rental websites take rental listings from RV dealerships, RV rental companies, and individual RV owners who want to offset some of their ownership costs. This competition drives down prices and helps you find the best deals.
• Ease of Use: You can easily look through rental listings in the comfort of your home or office. You can sort through thousands of listings to find those that best fit your needs by using the sorting tools built into the website. And, when shopping online, you can bookmark your favorites for later comparison.
• RV owners are more flexible: RV owners have different motivations than the dealerships and rental companies. They are usually more flexible in terms and reasonable in pricing. Some will even negotiate with you when necessary to find a solution that meets your needs.
• RV owners often waive the rigid fee structure that many dealerships and rental companies impose. Why should you pay a mandatory cleaning fee if you return the RV in pristine condition? Mileage fees and generator usage is also often negotiable. Your total rental costs are often less when renting from an owner through a peer-to-peer RV rental site.
• The best peer-to-peer sites offer 24/7 roadside assistance and customer service.
• They arrange secure payment options and provide proof of payment to the owner.
Campers for Rent by Owner
When you think of RV rentals, you may be thinking of the large class A motorhomes, but you can rent all classes, styles, and sizes of RVs. For short weekend trips, try finding campers for rent by owner through a peer-to-peer website. You’ll have many choices and styles.
The Best Way to Rent an RV Near Me
A peer-to-peer RV rental website is the best way to rent an RV USA wide, including in your hometown. You’ll find plenty of local listings available. Just enter your home location into the search engine and sort through the results.
However, have you considered renting your RV from your destination location? This option give you a lot more choices of destinations and allows you to maximize your vacation time. You can even arrange one-way rentals where you rent near home and drop off the RV at your destination, then fly home.
Another option, when renting through the owner, is to arrange to have the camper set-up at your campsite for you. No towing, no stress. It will all be waiting for you when you arrive for a small set-up and take-down fee. In this case, you would want to rent from an owner near your destination and plan to spend your entire vacation at the same campsite.
Quick, Last Minute RV Rentals
Using a peer-to-peer RV rental site, it is even possible to rent an RV at the last minute for a spontaneous weekend trip. Of course, longer trips are also easily arranged. Now that you know where to find a quick and easy RV rental, you can start enjoying more vacations. With very little planning you can easily find cheap RV rentals nearby and get on your way.